Sachin Tendulkar heads for Devbhoomi post ODI retirement
Dehradun: After announcing retirement from One-day cricket, Sachin Tendulkar headed straight for hill station Mussoorie in Uttarakhand, where he is likely to celebrate Christmas and the New Year.
Hours after the news about his retirement from ODIs broke, people were taken by surprise as the batting legend landed at the Jollygrant Airport here yesterday along with his wife Anajli, son Arjun and daughter Sara.
Congress MP Priya Dutt was also accompanying Tendulkar, who left straight for Mussoorie after landing at the airport, much to the disappointment of journalists present there.
Tendulkar arrived at a family friend Sanjay Narang`s hotel named Rugby at Mussoorie at about six in the evening.
The legend used to visit Mussoorie along with family to celebrate Christmas and the New Year until a few years ago but had not been able to do so due to his busy schedule for the last two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- In a country wary of migrants, Pope tells Poles to welcome refugees
- Want soft and smooth heels? Try these five easy home remedies!
- Former football stars Gary Neville, Ryan Giggs unveil Manchester building plan
- Syria's powerful Nusra Front says ending link to al Qaeda
- Amitabh Bachchan for higher public spending to prevent Hepatitis B