Sachin Tendulkar is a master: Prince Charles
Pune: Describing Sachin Tendulkar as a "master", Britain`s Prince Charles on Sunday wished the cricket legend a happy retirement.
"He is a master. I wish him a very happy retirement," Charles told reporters on the sideline of a function here when asked what he felt about Sachin`s retirement.
Charles and his wife Camilla who were on a day`s visit to the city to attend a reception at Royal Western India Turf Club, and interacted with business leaders and young entrepreneurs.
Those present on the occasion were industrialists Rahul Bajaj and Cyrus Poonawala among others.
He, along with the Duchess of Cornwall, earlier placed a wreath at a war cemetery at Khadki near here to pay tribute to soldiers from Commonwealth countries who fought in World Wars I and II.
Charles and Camilla are on nine-day visit to India.
A heavy security cordon was thrown around all places that formed part of Charles` itinerary in the city.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India