Sachin Tendulkar to be awarded Bharat Ratna, to address media today
Zee Media Bureau/Feroz Khan
Mumbai: Legendary batsman Sachin Tendulkar, who walked into cricketing sunset in Mumbai on Saturday, will address the media here today.
On Saturday in the presence of full house Wankhede crowd, Tendulkar signed off in style as India registered another big win over West Indies in Tests pocketing the two-match series 2-0.
Century was expected from the Master in the Mumbai Test. However, the 40-year-old didn’t bring a fairytale end to his career but still dazzled everyone with his sparkling knock of 74 runs before walking back to the pavilion one last time on Friday.
Hours after his retirement, the Indian government announced that Tendulkar will be conferred with the prestigious Bharat Ratna, nation’s highest civilian honour.
Tendulkar is the youngest and is the first ever sportsperson to receive the award.
In his 24-year-long career, Tendulkar represented India in record 200 Tests while becoming the owner of numerous cricketing records.
The press conference is scheduled to begin at 4 pm (IST).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened