Sachin Tendulkar to be awarded Bharat Ratna, to address media today
Zee Media Bureau/Feroz Khan
Mumbai: Legendary batsman Sachin Tendulkar, who walked into cricketing sunset in Mumbai on Saturday, will address the media here today.
On Saturday in the presence of full house Wankhede crowd, Tendulkar signed off in style as India registered another big win over West Indies in Tests pocketing the two-match series 2-0.
Century was expected from the Master in the Mumbai Test. However, the 40-year-old didn’t bring a fairytale end to his career but still dazzled everyone with his sparkling knock of 74 runs before walking back to the pavilion one last time on Friday.
Hours after his retirement, the Indian government announced that Tendulkar will be conferred with the prestigious Bharat Ratna, nation’s highest civilian honour.
Tendulkar is the youngest and is the first ever sportsperson to receive the award.
In his 24-year-long career, Tendulkar represented India in record 200 Tests while becoming the owner of numerous cricketing records.
The press conference is scheduled to begin at 4 pm (IST).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why