Sachin Tendulkar to play for Mumbai in Ranji Trophy before last Test series
Mumbai: In order to prepare for the two-match Test series against the West Indies next month, Sachin Tendulkar will play for Mumbai in the Ranji Trophy preliminary round match against Haryana at Lahli starting on October 27.
Tendulkar, who will retire after playing the second Test (November 14-18) against the West Indies at the Wankhede Stadium here, will play in the Ranji game to warm up for the series.
MCA joint secretary Nitin Dalal told PTI that Tendulkar and pacer Zaheer Khan will play for Mumbai on the October 27-30 Ranji match at Lahli, a small town in Rohtak district in Haryana.
"Yes, Tendulkar and Zaheer are playing against Haryana in the Ranjji Trophy opener for Mumbai," Dalal said.
Last season also, Tendulkar had turned up for Mumbai before playing the Test series against England at home.
The 40-year-old Tendulkar last week announced his decision to retire from Test cricket after playing his landmark 200th match, bringing an end to the intense speculation about his future.
The Board had squeezed in the home series against the West Indies to give Tendulkar an opportunity to retire in front of his home fans.
The first Test against the West Indies -- Tendulkar`s 199th -- will be played at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata from November 6-10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened