Sachin Tendulkar to play his 200th Test in Mumbai`s Wankhede stadium
Zee Media Bureau/Feroz Khan
Mumbai: The BCCI has confirmed the venues for upcoming West Indies series and has chosen Eden Gardens and Wankhede Stadium for the two Tests meaning Sachin Tendulkar’s farewell game will be played in Mumbai.
The board’s Programmes and Fixtures committee in a meeting today allotted the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) the second of the two Tests to be played between India and West Indies which will also be Tendulkar’s last game for the country.
West Indies will be in India for a short tour to play in two Tests and three ODIs beginning 6th November.
Tendulkar’s 199th game will be in Kolkata while he will don the whites for the national team one last time in Mumbai’s Wankhede Stadium.
The venues for the first two One-ODIs will be Kochi and Visakhapatnam, respectively, while the third ODI is yet to be decided.
The BCCI is planning a grand farewell for Tendulkar.
Last week Tendulkar announced that his 200th Test against West Indies will be the last time he represents India in an international match as he has decided to call it a day.
Schedule of the series between India and the West Indies:
Oct 28: The West Indies cricket team arrives in India
Oct 31-Nov 2: Three-day game (West Indies v UPCA at Cuttack)
Nov 6-10: First Test at Kolkata
Nov 14-18: Second Test at Mumbai
Nov 21: First ODI at Kochi
Nov 24: Second ODI at Visakhapatnam
Nov 27: Third ODI at Baroda/Kanpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!