Tendulkar, a true ambassador, inspiration for sportsmen: N Srinivasan
Mumbai: Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) President N.Srinivasansaid on Thursday that he respected batting maestro sachin Tendulkar`s decision to retire, but added that it would be difficult to imagine an Indian cricket team without Tendulkar.
In a statement issued here, Srinivasan said: "I have been an ardent follower and admirer of Sachin Tendulkar from the days he came to play Buchi Babu in Chennai. He is without doubt the greatest cricketer India has produced."
"In fact, one should really say he ranks among the top of all time great sports persons in the world. No one has served Indian cricket as Sachin has. He has truly been an Ambassador for India and Indian Cricket. He has been an inspiration for generations of sportsmen, not just cricketers. We respect his decision to retire, although many of us can`t imagine an Indian team without Sachin," Srinivasan added.
Earlier, Tendulkar had announced that he will be retiring from all forms of cricket after playing his 200th Test against the West Indies on home soil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter