Tendulkar should not join politics: Milkha
Noida: Sachin Tendulkar has received some advice from another legend, `Flying Sikh` Milkha Singh, Stay away from politics. Your name will be besmirched.
"I think Sachin should not get into politics. The name he has earned for himself, people will malign it. The government has respected him, the entire country respects him. He has got the Bharat Ratna, it is a huge achievement," Milkha said, here on Saturday.
Last year, Tendulkar was nominated to the Rajya Sabha along with Bollywood actor Rekha and businesswoman Anu Aga.
Moments after Tendulkar retired from international cricket, last Saturday in Mumbai, he was named for India`s highest civilian award, Bharat Ratna. He is the first sportsperson and the youngest to get the honour.
"I have met Sachin several times. He is a very respectful man. Every time he meets me, he touches my feet. He is a very good and humble human being," said Milkha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test