Tendulkar should not join politics: Milkha
Noida: Sachin Tendulkar has received some advice from another legend, `Flying Sikh` Milkha Singh, Stay away from politics. Your name will be besmirched.
"I think Sachin should not get into politics. The name he has earned for himself, people will malign it. The government has respected him, the entire country respects him. He has got the Bharat Ratna, it is a huge achievement," Milkha said, here on Saturday.
Last year, Tendulkar was nominated to the Rajya Sabha along with Bollywood actor Rekha and businesswoman Anu Aga.
Moments after Tendulkar retired from international cricket, last Saturday in Mumbai, he was named for India`s highest civilian award, Bharat Ratna. He is the first sportsperson and the youngest to get the honour.
"I have met Sachin several times. He is a very respectful man. Every time he meets me, he touches my feet. He is a very good and humble human being," said Milkha.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed