Tendulkar should not join politics: Milkha
Noida: Sachin Tendulkar has received some advice from another legend, `Flying Sikh` Milkha Singh, Stay away from politics. Your name will be besmirched.
"I think Sachin should not get into politics. The name he has earned for himself, people will malign it. The government has respected him, the entire country respects him. He has got the Bharat Ratna, it is a huge achievement," Milkha said, here on Saturday.
Last year, Tendulkar was nominated to the Rajya Sabha along with Bollywood actor Rekha and businesswoman Anu Aga.
Moments after Tendulkar retired from international cricket, last Saturday in Mumbai, he was named for India`s highest civilian award, Bharat Ratna. He is the first sportsperson and the youngest to get the honour.
"I have met Sachin several times. He is a very respectful man. Every time he meets me, he touches my feet. He is a very good and humble human being," said Milkha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth