Tendulkar’s 200th Test: Stadium capacity will decide tickets for fans, says Rajiv Shukla
Kanpur: BCCI vice-president Rajiv Shukla on Saturday expressed helplessness at the low number of tickets available for fans for Sachin Tendulkar`s farewell Test, saying that the matter is completely in the hands of the Mumbai Cricket Association.
"I don`t have much information on the matter but I think the capacity of the stadium dictates the number of tickets available and it is in the hands of MCA only," Shukla said after meeting the Uttar Pradesh Cricket Association officials here.
Tendulkar will bid adieu to international cricket after playing his 200th Test against the West Indies starting November 14 in Mumbai`s Wankhede Stadium.
Shukla was here to take stock of Kanpur`s preparations for the three-match ODI series` finale on November 27. This will be the first international match to be staged here in four years.
"BCCI President N Srinivasan will himself be here to watch that match. The preparations are on in full swing," said Shukla.
Shukla said even IPL matches could be brought here if the stadium keeps getting better.
"We cannot rule out bringing IPL matches here if the development continues. In fact even day-night international matches could also be staged here," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi