Vijay Patil walks out of MCA meeting
Mumbai: The divisions within the Mumbai Cricket Association, gearing itself up to felicitate retiring senior batsman Sachin Tendulkar, on Sunday came to the fore when newly elected vice-president Vijay Patil walked out of its managing committee meeting here.
"Vijay Patil walked out of the meeting as he wanted to chair it in the absence of Sharad Pawar (president) who is abroad. Ravi Savant, being the senior vice-president and a committee member for 20 years, chaired the meeting," said Dr P V Shetty, the joint secretary of the association.
Shetty said the meeting could not be put off as many important issues like felicitation of Tendulkar at the Kandivli complex of MCA on November 11 and the naming of the press box in the Wankhede Stadium after the late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray, had to be finalised.
"We have very little time and had to finalise these things," Shetty said.
Savant and Patil headed rival groups in the recent elections to the MCA`s managing committee and were both elected as vice presidents.
Meanwhile, there is a huge demand for tickets for Tendulkar`s farewell Test at the Wankhede Stadium against the West Indies from November 14-18.
"We are meeting again on Tuesday to decide about the tickets. There is a huge demand for tickets," Shetty said while confirming that the upper tier of the north stand, named after the retiring great, will accommodate 2000 spectators and the ticket rates is Rs 10,000 for each seat at this stand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'