Sachin best to decide his retirement: Azhar
Dharamsala: Former India captain Mohammad Azharuddin Friday said it sould be left to Sachin Tendulkar to decide his own retirement.
Azharuddin said retirement is a purely personal decision and Tendulkar is the best person to take it.
"It should be left to him as he is best placed to take a decision (in this regard). Whether to retire or not is his personal (decision)," Azharuddin said.
Azharuddin, now a Congress MP, was here to lead the Indian Parliamentarians in a friendly cricket match against British Parliamentarians.
Azharuddin also hoped that Yuvraj Singh, who returned from the US this week after undergoing treatment for cancer, will make a comeback to play in the 2015 World Cup.
"He`s a talented player. People across the world prayed for his recovery and he`s recovering. He will make a comeback well before the World Cup (in 2015)," he added.
Azharuddin also said that young batsman Rohit Sharma could be the replacement for Rahul Dravid who announced his retirement recently.
"Rohit is an ideal replacement. He should be given a chance to play in all formats," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world