Sachin determined to not play in T20 World Cup
Mumbai: Considering his superb form in the ongoing extravagant Indian Premier League, people from all over anticipated Sachin Tendulkar to reconsider his decision to not play in the T20 World Cup this year.
But the Master Blaster seemed quite determined to stick to his verdict as he made it clear on Tuesday that no matter what, he is not going to be a part of the Indian cricket team’s campaign in the upcoming World Cup, scheduled to be played in West Indies.
In an interview to an Indian news channel, Tendulkar said that he is ‘not going to play the World Cup’.
He also said that he had made his decision not to play in T20s in 2007 and that he intends to stick with it.
The clarification comes as a big disappointment for all the Tendulkar fans, who had been relishing his antics with the bat in the ongoing IPL season three for the Mumbai Indians.
Tendulkar played a match winning knock of 71 against Kolkata Knight Riders on Monday, which was also his highest Twenty20 score till date.
Tendulkar’s runs tally of 176 (ave. 58.66) in four games is bettered only by Jacques Kallis (264) and Virender Sehwag (186) in the third edition of IPL.
Tendulkar earned his fourth MOM award - the most for Mumbai Indians in the IPL.