Sachin, Lara toughest to bowl at: Lee
New Delhi: Australian speedster Brett Lee in his 12-year-international career found Sachin Tendulkar and Brian Lara as two of the batsmen of his era whom he found difficult to bowl to.
"Sachin and Lara were the two," Lee said in an interview when asked about those batsmen he found toughest to bowl to.
Lee, who is considered as one of the fastest bowlers in the history of the game also stated that he wished he would have had a chance to share the new ball with legendary Dennis Lillee.
"I would have loved to bowl in tandem with the great Dennis Lillee. He had great action, great aggression, had every single ball and is a top fellow," Lee was quoted as saying during the interview.
The bowler also recalled his enjoyable battle with Lara during Australia`s visit to the Caribbean in 2003, terming the contest as one of his favourites.
"The spell I bowled to Brain Lara (Port of Spain, 2003), was one of my favourites. Even though I couldn`t get him out, I kept him on strike and the (ball) Kookaburra was going past his nose, his feet completely off the ground above the stumps and all the crowd in West Indies going like...it was a great fun," Lee recollected.
Asked which his favourite bouncer was, Lee replied, the one which could get a Tendulkar caught in the slips.
"The one which gets batsman out playing a pull shot or maybe get Sachin out in the slips," said the speedstar.
The pacer added that he would have loved to bowl at the great Viv Richards, considering the fearless attitude he posed towards the best in the business.
"The way he (Viv Richards) walked out, no helmet, just playing the pull shot and had that physical presence like `Come on, if you bounce me, you will be fetching it from 15 rows back," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what