Sachin likely to retire after 200th Test: Ghavri
Kolkata: With Sachin Tendulkar set to play his 200th Test Match during the upcoming Indian tour of South Africa, the batting maestro may bid goodbye to the game after the landmark match, former Test pacer Karsan Ghavri Thursday said.
"He already has all the records and we all surely would love to see him getting to another landmark -- his 200th Test Match. I think he has been waiting for the right time and as soon as he plays the 200th game he will retire," Gahvri said here.
In the city to participate in an Independence Day celebration, Ghavri described Tendulkar as the country`s greatest sporting ambassador. Tendulkar is just two short of achieving the landmark of having played in 200 Tests.
"It`s not that after retiring he will be out of the game. He is such a great name, he will always be associated with cricket. All his records are almost impossible to be broken and the landmark of 200 Test matches is just unbelievable," added Gahvri.
India`s tour to South Africa, beginning November this year, is slated to comprise two T20 Internationals, seven One Day Internationals and three Tests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof