Sachin likely to retire after 200th Test: Ghavri
Kolkata: With Sachin Tendulkar set to play his 200th Test Match during the upcoming Indian tour of South Africa, the batting maestro may bid goodbye to the game after the landmark match, former Test pacer Karsan Ghavri Thursday said.
"He already has all the records and we all surely would love to see him getting to another landmark -- his 200th Test Match. I think he has been waiting for the right time and as soon as he plays the 200th game he will retire," Gahvri said here.
In the city to participate in an Independence Day celebration, Ghavri described Tendulkar as the country`s greatest sporting ambassador. Tendulkar is just two short of achieving the landmark of having played in 200 Tests.
"It`s not that after retiring he will be out of the game. He is such a great name, he will always be associated with cricket. All his records are almost impossible to be broken and the landmark of 200 Test matches is just unbelievable," added Gahvri.
India`s tour to South Africa, beginning November this year, is slated to comprise two T20 Internationals, seven One Day Internationals and three Tests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir