Sachin`s birthday turns sad after Satya Sai`s death
Hyderabad: Iconic Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar was a sad man on his 38th birthday on Sunday as his spiritual guru Satya Sai Baba passed away this morning.
Tendulkar, who landed in Hyderabad late last night with wife Anjali and two kids, was confined to his room at the Grand Kakatiya hotel.
"He did not even have breakfast. No one was allowed to enter his room," a hotel manager said.
There was speculation since yesterday that the Mumbai Indians captain would not celebrate his birthday in view of Baba`s health condition.
News of Baba`s demise this morning apparently came as a shock to Tendulkar.
A `Do Not Disturb` sign was hung on his hotel room door since the news of Baba`s demise came and Tendulkar did not even meet his teammates, the hotel manager said.
Only Mumbai Indians owner Tina Ambani was said to have met Tendulkar and consoled him. Mumbai Indians will take on Deccan Chargers in an IPL match match at the Hyderabad International Cricket Stadium this evening but it is not yet clear whether Tendulkar will play the match.
None of the Mumbai Indians players or officials could be contacted for a comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation - Part II
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- IPL 2016, Match 23: Chris Morris' 82 off 32 not enough for Delhi; Gujarat win by 1 run
- Amitabh Mattoo named advisor to Mehbooba Mufti
- LPG cylinder blast kills seven in Barabanki district
- Congress support base in Kerala intact: Minister
- AFC Cup: Mohun Bagan, Bengaluru FC confirm knockout round berths