Sachin`s birthday turns sad after Satya Sai`s death
Hyderabad: Iconic Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar was a sad man on his 38th birthday on Sunday as his spiritual guru Satya Sai Baba passed away this morning.
Tendulkar, who landed in Hyderabad late last night with wife Anjali and two kids, was confined to his room at the Grand Kakatiya hotel.
"He did not even have breakfast. No one was allowed to enter his room," a hotel manager said.
There was speculation since yesterday that the Mumbai Indians captain would not celebrate his birthday in view of Baba`s health condition.
News of Baba`s demise this morning apparently came as a shock to Tendulkar.
A `Do Not Disturb` sign was hung on his hotel room door since the news of Baba`s demise came and Tendulkar did not even meet his teammates, the hotel manager said.
Only Mumbai Indians owner Tina Ambani was said to have met Tendulkar and consoled him. Mumbai Indians will take on Deccan Chargers in an IPL match match at the Hyderabad International Cricket Stadium this evening but it is not yet clear whether Tendulkar will play the match.
None of the Mumbai Indians players or officials could be contacted for a comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM