Sachin`s birthday turns sad after Satya Sai`s death
Hyderabad: Iconic Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar was a sad man on his 38th birthday on Sunday as his spiritual guru Satya Sai Baba passed away this morning.
Tendulkar, who landed in Hyderabad late last night with wife Anjali and two kids, was confined to his room at the Grand Kakatiya hotel.
"He did not even have breakfast. No one was allowed to enter his room," a hotel manager said.
There was speculation since yesterday that the Mumbai Indians captain would not celebrate his birthday in view of Baba`s health condition.
News of Baba`s demise this morning apparently came as a shock to Tendulkar.
A `Do Not Disturb` sign was hung on his hotel room door since the news of Baba`s demise came and Tendulkar did not even meet his teammates, the hotel manager said.
Only Mumbai Indians owner Tina Ambani was said to have met Tendulkar and consoled him. Mumbai Indians will take on Deccan Chargers in an IPL match match at the Hyderabad International Cricket Stadium this evening but it is not yet clear whether Tendulkar will play the match.
None of the Mumbai Indians players or officials could be contacted for a comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details