Sachin`s birthday turns sad after Satya Sai`s death
Hyderabad: Iconic Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar was a sad man on his 38th birthday on Sunday as his spiritual guru Satya Sai Baba passed away this morning.
Tendulkar, who landed in Hyderabad late last night with wife Anjali and two kids, was confined to his room at the Grand Kakatiya hotel.
"He did not even have breakfast. No one was allowed to enter his room," a hotel manager said.
There was speculation since yesterday that the Mumbai Indians captain would not celebrate his birthday in view of Baba`s health condition.
News of Baba`s demise this morning apparently came as a shock to Tendulkar.
A `Do Not Disturb` sign was hung on his hotel room door since the news of Baba`s demise came and Tendulkar did not even meet his teammates, the hotel manager said.
Only Mumbai Indians owner Tina Ambani was said to have met Tendulkar and consoled him. Mumbai Indians will take on Deccan Chargers in an IPL match match at the Hyderabad International Cricket Stadium this evening but it is not yet clear whether Tendulkar will play the match.
None of the Mumbai Indians players or officials could be contacted for a comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch