Sachin stars in India’s draw against CAC XI
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Canberra: The duo of Rohit Sharma (56) and Wriddhiman Saha (23) took the Indian to 320/4 at stumps as the Canberra practise game between India and CA Chairman’s XI ended in a draw.
In the first two sessions, India’s batting mainstay Sachin Tendulkar started the Australian tour Down Under with an uplifting performance as he slammed a quick runs before he and his partner VVS Laxman were retired hurt, probably an option they took to give the youngsters some match practise.
The Little Maestro was en route to hit the tour’s first ton in the last session of the second day’s play but decided to put the young Turks on the turf. The Indian scorecard had read 240/3 at tea against Cricket Australia Chairman’s XI. Tendulkar was quick in his run-making while Laxman, a specialist on Oz soil, gave him apt support from the other end as he slammed a fifty.
Rahul Dravid, the man-in-form was promising but got out at a score of 45 runs to a Cameron Boyce delivery. Virat Kohli (1) too was claimed by Boyce and his short stint on the crease would do him no good. Opener Ajinkya Rahane (3) was claimed early-on while his partner Gautam Gambhir (35) looked positive but was out to a loose shot.
India (Playing XI): Rahul Dravid(c), Gautam Gambhir, Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman, Virat Kohli, Wriddhiman Saha(w), Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Pragyan Ojha, Abhimanyu Mithun, Vinay Kumar
Cricket Australia Chairmans XI (Playing XI): Ryan Broad(c), Wes Robinson, Joe Burns, Tom Cooper, Alex Doolan, Glenn Maxwell, Dean Solway, Tim Ludeman(w), Josh Lalor, Jake Haberfield, Cameron Boyce
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town