Sachin Tendulkar begins practice ahead of Ind-NZ series
Bangalore: Senior Indian batsman Sachin Tendulkar began preparations for the upcoming New Zealand Test series with a practice session at the National Cricket Academy (NCA), on Wednesday.
Tendulkar arrived in Bangalore from Mumbai this morning and came to the NCA around 1.30 pm.
After a brief chat with the NCA physio, Tendulkar started practice by asking Zaheer Khan, who has been undergoing training here for last few days, to bowl at him.
Tendulkar chose to bat on fast-paced pitch.
The first Test will begin in Hyderabad on August 23 while the second and final match is scheduled at Bangalore from August 31.
The two teams will also play two Twenty20 match after the Test series. The first T20 is slated for September 8 in Visakhapatnam while the second will be played in Chennai on September 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress may project Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as its CM candidate for UP polls 2017
- ISKCON pins hopes on PM Narendra Modi for Krishna temple in Moscow
- Body of murdered Kerala nurse to arrive home from Oman today
- Mario Miranda’s 90th birthday: Google honours cartoonist with an illustrative doodle!
- Planning to go trekking? Head to Uttarakhand – Here’s something new