Sachin Tendulkar continues to break records
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Even after owning almost all the records that could be achieved as a batsman, nothing seems to be stopping batting great Sachin Tendulkar. The batting maestro keeps scoring runs at a pace wherein it looks like the record books are running out of pages listing the ones created by the master blaster.
The ‘run machine’ has not yet reached the much-awaited milestone of 100 international centuries, a territory that remains untested by any cricketer. But he treated the spectators with yet another feather on his cap by becoming the highest run-getter in fourth innings of Test matches. He went past Rahul Dravid's tally of 1507 runs during the first Test against West Indies recently at an average of 39.86.
The wait for the 100th century stretches back to the World Cup in April, but Sachin fell short of the feat once again by making 76 in the second innings of the Kotla Test. Meanwhile, he completed 15000 runs in Test cricket.
Sachin has scored 51 centuries in Tests and 48 in one-dayers.
Also, he created a record for aggregating most runs in the fourth innings in Tests at an average of 39.86, going past Rahul Dravid's tally of 1507 runs during the first Test against West Indies recently.
Other active members on the list include Rahul Dravid, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Ricky Ponting and Graeme Smith. Tendulkar also became the highest run-getter at the Feroz Shah Kotla, going past Dilip Vengsarkar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note