Sachin Tendulkar has no intention of quitting after 200th Test: Report
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The debate over whether Sachin Tendulkar should call time on his international career continues as reports emerge that he has no plan of retiring even after playing in his record 200th Test for India.
A leading Indian daily cited sources close to Tendulkar as saying that the 40-year-old wants to end his career in 2014 – a year that will see him complete 25 years in international cricket.
Recently, a report had claimed that the BCCI will ask Tendulkar to call it quits after he appears in his 200th Test against West Indies at home.
The board apparently reached this decision after observing that Tendulkar has shown absolutely no indications of hanging up his boots.
BCCI believes that if he makes himself available for selection then considering his stature, it is hard for the selectors to drop him from the national team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?