Sachin Tendulkar should retire as per will, says Brett Lee
Pune: Former Australian cricketer Brett Lee on Tuesday said that batting great Sachin Tendulkar`s retirement plan should be left to his discretion.
Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of an event here, Lee said that Tendulkar should not be excessively pestered with the question.
‘Look, I think on a serious note Sachin will know when the time is right. I wake up one morning few months ago, I knew that time was right to retire. I guess the thing I have found is that I am still playing cricket. I haven`t retired. Period. I only retired from international cricket so guess I am lucky. But Sachin would know when the time is right,” Lee said.
He added that his focus is to perform well in the Indian Premier League (IPL) in 2013.
“I feel at home with that (IPL), I feel comfortable. I love coming over here. I am looking forward to Champions League coming up next month, which I will be playing for KKR.”
“Obviously the Big Bash is back on in Australia, which we won. I have had some really great memories in the past in the past four months; we won the big bash, then we won the Indian Premier League. I felt very lucky that I played for two winning teams and hopefully KKR will do it again, he added.
The sixth season of the IPL is scheduled to begin in April next year with eight teams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report