Sachin Tendulkar sits out due to fever
London: Sachin Tendulkar has not taken the field at the start of the fourth day as he was advised rest due to viral infection.
According to reports, he may take the field later after further medical assessment.
Sachin Tendulkar batted with a running fever during India`s first innings on Saturday and left for the team hotel soon after he was out in the first Test, it has been learnt.
Tendulkar, who was just one ton short of his 100th international century, was down with fever when he came into the middle with the team`s score reading 77 for two.
He did well to survive till lunch break and on resumption struck six sumptuous fours while rattling up a quick 34 from 58 balls and batting for close to an hour and a half.
After he was out, caught at second slip off Stuart Broad, the little master left the ground for team hotel and it`s learnt he took antibiotics and preferred a good sleep for himself.
He was thus understandably missing on the field when England began their second innings at the fag end of the day`s play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack