Sachin Tendulkar sits out due to fever
London: Sachin Tendulkar has not taken the field at the start of the fourth day as he was advised rest due to viral infection.
According to reports, he may take the field later after further medical assessment.
Sachin Tendulkar batted with a running fever during India`s first innings on Saturday and left for the team hotel soon after he was out in the first Test, it has been learnt.
Tendulkar, who was just one ton short of his 100th international century, was down with fever when he came into the middle with the team`s score reading 77 for two.
He did well to survive till lunch break and on resumption struck six sumptuous fours while rattling up a quick 34 from 58 balls and batting for close to an hour and a half.
After he was out, caught at second slip off Stuart Broad, the little master left the ground for team hotel and it`s learnt he took antibiotics and preferred a good sleep for himself.
He was thus understandably missing on the field when England began their second innings at the fag end of the day`s play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen