Sachin Tendulkar still has hunger for cricket: Chetan Chauhan
Patna: Amid speculations on retirement of Sachin Tendulkar, former Test cricketer Chetan Chauhan today said the veteran batsman still had hunger for runs and was the best judge when to call it a day.
"Tendulkar still has hunger to play cricket," Chauhan told PTI.
Chauhan, who partnered with legendary cricketer Sunil Gavaskar for a long time before retiring from the game in 1982, said Tendulkar was the best judge himself to call it a day at a right time.
"Though he (Tendulkar) has not scored a century in Test matches for the last two year, but he still has a lot of potential and hunger to keep playing the game", Chauhan, who was here in connection with a run organised by BJP`s sports wing, said. He himself is President of BJP`s national sports cell.
The former Test opener said that Gautam Gambhir had chance to return to the national team.
Chauhan, who played 40 Tests, said Virat Kohli had tremendous potential as India`s future captain.
"He (Kohli) proved himself as a good captain in the recent West Indies Tri Series which India won and also at Zimbabwe tour," the cricketer-turned BJP leader said.
"His (Kohli) aggressive attitude and cool head even in trying times makes him a fit candidate to lead team India in future," Chauhan said.
About cricket in Bihar, Chauhan said that the state had produced some good crickters like Saba Karim, Amikar Dayal and Avinash Kumar. He paid a visit to cricket academy run by Dayal at St Xaviers school here and encouraged youngsters.
He expressed displeasure over fight between different crickering bodies in the state for affliation to the BCCI.
Chauhan urged them to come on one platform under former cricketer and BJP MP Kirti Azad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog