Sachin Tendulkar submits plans to develop sports in India
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Sachin Tendulkar has envisioned a plan for the purpose of developing sports culture in India by way of integrating it with the education system.
Tendulkar, who began a new innings four months back after entering Rajya Sabha, has written a letter to the Human Resources Development (HRD) Minister Kapil Sibal, elaborating his suggestions and a desire to meet him personally to speak on the issue.
The ministry in turn has invited Tendulkar to make a detailed presentation on his proposal.
“We welcome Sachin Tendulkar’s proposal and I have already written to him inviting him for a presentation so that the details can be talked through. Once that is done we will ask both CBSE and NCERT to look into how sports can be made an integral part of the school curriculum”, The Indian Express quoted Kapil Sibal as saying.
As per reports, the batting legend in his letter has, among many other suggestions, proposed to make sports a compulsory activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani