Sachin Tendulkar submits plans to develop sports in India
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Sachin Tendulkar has envisioned a plan for the purpose of developing sports culture in India by way of integrating it with the education system.
Tendulkar, who began a new innings four months back after entering Rajya Sabha, has written a letter to the Human Resources Development (HRD) Minister Kapil Sibal, elaborating his suggestions and a desire to meet him personally to speak on the issue.
The ministry in turn has invited Tendulkar to make a detailed presentation on his proposal.
“We welcome Sachin Tendulkar’s proposal and I have already written to him inviting him for a presentation so that the details can be talked through. Once that is done we will ask both CBSE and NCERT to look into how sports can be made an integral part of the school curriculum”, The Indian Express quoted Kapil Sibal as saying.
As per reports, the batting legend in his letter has, among many other suggestions, proposed to make sports a compulsory activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown