Sachin Tendulkar submits plans to develop sports in India
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Sachin Tendulkar has envisioned a plan for the purpose of developing sports culture in India by way of integrating it with the education system.
Tendulkar, who began a new innings four months back after entering Rajya Sabha, has written a letter to the Human Resources Development (HRD) Minister Kapil Sibal, elaborating his suggestions and a desire to meet him personally to speak on the issue.
The ministry in turn has invited Tendulkar to make a detailed presentation on his proposal.
“We welcome Sachin Tendulkar’s proposal and I have already written to him inviting him for a presentation so that the details can be talked through. Once that is done we will ask both CBSE and NCERT to look into how sports can be made an integral part of the school curriculum”, The Indian Express quoted Kapil Sibal as saying.
As per reports, the batting legend in his letter has, among many other suggestions, proposed to make sports a compulsory activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’