Sachin Tendulkar submits plans to develop sports in India
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Sachin Tendulkar has envisioned a plan for the purpose of developing sports culture in India by way of integrating it with the education system.
Tendulkar, who began a new innings four months back after entering Rajya Sabha, has written a letter to the Human Resources Development (HRD) Minister Kapil Sibal, elaborating his suggestions and a desire to meet him personally to speak on the issue.
The ministry in turn has invited Tendulkar to make a detailed presentation on his proposal.
“We welcome Sachin Tendulkar’s proposal and I have already written to him inviting him for a presentation so that the details can be talked through. Once that is done we will ask both CBSE and NCERT to look into how sports can be made an integral part of the school curriculum”, The Indian Express quoted Kapil Sibal as saying.
As per reports, the batting legend in his letter has, among many other suggestions, proposed to make sports a compulsory activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match
- Congress may project Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as its CM candidate for UP polls 2017
- ISKCON pins hopes on PM Narendra Modi for Krishna temple in Moscow
- Body of murdered Kerala nurse to arrive home from Oman today
- Mario Miranda’s 90th birthday: Google honours cartoonist with an illustrative doodle!