Sachin Tendulkar thanks fans for their support
Mumbai: Sachin Tendulkar, who retires from Test cricket after playing his 200th match against the West Indies Test here next month, today thanked his millions of fans for supporting him for 24 years of his career.
"All the support for the last 24 years and I want to thank people of India for their well wishes and their support. I want to take this opportunity to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the support," Tendulkar said at a promotional event of the travel portal Musafir.Com.
The 40-year-old shared his holiday experiences and said the best one he had with his family was four years ago, when they visited Iceland.
"If I have to speak about my family holiday completely away from cricket, then a truly memorable holiday which I had four years ago was in Iceland. It was fantastic to be with the nature and on the funnier side the credit cards stayed in the pocket because there was nothing to shop. When you travel with your family that is the best time, because all of you are together. I think that was a special holiday," he said.
The batting great said cricket allowed him to travel to several places inside and outside the country.
"Till now cricket has allowed me to be in various parts of the world and above all appreciate the various parts of India. India has got such beautiful spots. I have been able to travel all across India, I have not seen all spots but most of them, and appreciated the beauty that our country has," he said.
"My family members are in a position to have 2-3 holidays in a year and sometimes those holidays are without me. It is about teaching our children what India is all about and visit some really important spots. They have been to Taj Mahal, they have been to Jallianwala Bagh, Golden Temple, all these spots where you have a huge impression. It is an everlasting impression that stays with you forever. That is something as family we wanted to do and we continue to do that," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi