Sachin Tendulkar to decide on retirement in November
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar has hinted that he will decide upon his retirement during the home series against England later this year in November.
Tendulkar, in an interview to a leading English news channel, revealed that at 39 years of age he thinks there isn’t much cricket left in him and the decision to call time on his 23 years long career depends on his mental state and the level of physical fitness.
“I am 39 and I don`t think I have plenty of cricket left in me. But it depends on my frame of mind and my physical ability to deliver. When I feel that I am not delivering what is needed, and then I will re-look at the scheme of things. I am already 39 and no one expects me to go on playing forever. I will go with what my heart says,” he was quoted as saying by The Times of India on Friday.
Tendulkar also said that the decision to end his playing career will be a ‘hard’ one.
“The moment of retirement is going to be hard because I haven`t experienced anything close to what I might go through when I retire," he said.
Of late, the veteran batsman has come under severe scrutiny and criticism owing to his failures in the home Test series against the New Zealand team where he was bowled thrice leading to questions over his slowing reflexes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!