Sachin Tendulkar to mentor 11 next generation cricketers
New Delhi: Indian cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar will mentor 11 emerging players, including Parveez Rasool and Unmukt Chand, as part of an initiative by a sports apparel giant.
Adidas, which has already signed up Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma and Suresh Raina added some more names to its roster.
Tendulkar welcomed the newest members of team adidas -- Unmukt Chand, Parveez Rasool, Vijay Zol, Manan Vohra,
Manpreet Juneja, Rush Kalaria, Chirag Khurana, Akshdeep Nath, Vikas Mishra, Sarfaraz Khan and Aparajith Baba.
"This is a great initiative from adidas to support the future of this sport, which encourages aspiring athletes to follow their passion and be part of an extraordinary league. Mentoring these talented young cricketers will let me be close to what I love and give back to the sport," Tendulkar, who retired from international cricket last year, said at the event.
The 21-year-old Unmukt, is former Captain of the 2012 Under-19 World Cup champion team and played for the Delhi
Daredevils in IPL this year.
Rasool, 25, is the first Jammu and Kashmir cricketer to represent the Indian senior team. He captained his state team to the Ranji trophy knock-out phase this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?