Sachin Tendulkar visits Matoshree to pay condolence
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mumbai: Sachin Tendulkar, accompanied by his wife Anjali, visited Matoshree on Monday night, to pay condolences to Balasaheb Thackeray’s family.
The cricketer was playing in the Ahmedabad Test match against England when Thackeray passed away on Saturday. Tendulkar had expressed deep sadness at the demise of Balasaheb Thackeray.
"Really sad to hear about Balasaheb`s demise. His contribution to Maharashtra was immense. It`s a terrible loss and he will always be remembered and missed. Unfortunately I am in Ahmedabad as I would have liked to pay my last respects personally. My condolences to his family. May God rest his soul in peace," Tendulkar had said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane