Sachin Tendulkar will be asked to retire after playing 200th Test: Report
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: It seems that the BCCI has made its mind to ask India’s legendary cricketer Sachin Tendulkar to retire after appearing in his 200th Test for the country.
According to a leading Mumbai daily, the board thinks that Tendulkar is well past his prime and his recent record against top teams has been average considering his own standards.
As per the report quoting a top source, it will be a senior BCCI administrator who will break the news to Tendulkar as the board considers that none of the national selectors, even when clubbed together, can match his stature.
The board made this decision after it observed that Tendulkar has shown absolutely no indications of hanging up his boots. It believes that if he makes himself available for selection then considering his stature, it is hard for the selectors to drop him from the national team.
The report further claimed that the board wants to infuse fresh blood into the national team and the series against West Indies has been arranged so that Tendulkar can play in his landmark 200th Test in front of the home crowd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report