Sachin Tendulkar will be asked to retire after playing 200th Test: Report
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: It seems that the BCCI has made its mind to ask India’s legendary cricketer Sachin Tendulkar to retire after appearing in his 200th Test for the country.
According to a leading Mumbai daily, the board thinks that Tendulkar is well past his prime and his recent record against top teams has been average considering his own standards.
As per the report quoting a top source, it will be a senior BCCI administrator who will break the news to Tendulkar as the board considers that none of the national selectors, even when clubbed together, can match his stature.
The board made this decision after it observed that Tendulkar has shown absolutely no indications of hanging up his boots. It believes that if he makes himself available for selection then considering his stature, it is hard for the selectors to drop him from the national team.
The report further claimed that the board wants to infuse fresh blood into the national team and the series against West Indies has been arranged so that Tendulkar can play in his landmark 200th Test in front of the home crowd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH