Sachin Tendulkar will have to prove himself for selection, says BCCI official
Zee Media Bureau/Feroz Khan
New Delhi: Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar might hang his boot after the upcoming home series against the West Indies if a BCCI source is to be believed.
According to a leading Indian daily, the BCCI has organised the West Indies tour to provide Tendulkar a chance to say goodbye to international cricket in a manner that fits his name and reputation.
The report quotes a BCCI source as saying that if the 40-year-old decides to continue playing even after the Windies series, he’ll be treated like any other cricketer and his performance will be taken into account before being selected in the national team.
Tendulkar, on the other hand, has swept aside any suggestion of his retirement saying people should stop speculating about his future saying he will himself make the announcement when the time comes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?