Sachin Tendulkar will take call on retirement himself: Kirti Azad
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Former India cricketer Kirti Azad has said that it is for Sachin Tendulkar to decide when to call time on his career.
The cricketer turned politician further said that while the decision to retire should solely be Tendulkar’s own, it doesn’t mean that he cannot be dropped from the team.
“He (Sachin) will take a call on his retirement himself, if selectors feel his performance isn’t good enough he can be dropped,” Azad told a news agency on Wednesday.
Media reports have suggested that Tendulkar has been told by chairman of selectors Sandeep Patil that his performance will be taken into account for decision regarding his selection in the national team.
This has led to speculations that Tendulkar’s 200th Test against West Indies could be his final game for Team India.
Patil, on the other hand, has dismissed such reports saying he hasn’t met Tendulkar to discuss anything.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling