Sachin Tendulkar will take call on retirement himself: Kirti Azad
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Former India cricketer Kirti Azad has said that it is for Sachin Tendulkar to decide when to call time on his career.
The cricketer turned politician further said that while the decision to retire should solely be Tendulkar’s own, it doesn’t mean that he cannot be dropped from the team.
“He (Sachin) will take a call on his retirement himself, if selectors feel his performance isn’t good enough he can be dropped,” Azad told a news agency on Wednesday.
Media reports have suggested that Tendulkar has been told by chairman of selectors Sandeep Patil that his performance will be taken into account for decision regarding his selection in the national team.
This has led to speculations that Tendulkar’s 200th Test against West Indies could be his final game for Team India.
Patil, on the other hand, has dismissed such reports saying he hasn’t met Tendulkar to discuss anything.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption