Sachin Tendulkar will take call on retirement himself: Kirti Azad
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Former India cricketer Kirti Azad has said that it is for Sachin Tendulkar to decide when to call time on his career.
The cricketer turned politician further said that while the decision to retire should solely be Tendulkar’s own, it doesn’t mean that he cannot be dropped from the team.
“He (Sachin) will take a call on his retirement himself, if selectors feel his performance isn’t good enough he can be dropped,” Azad told a news agency on Wednesday.
Media reports have suggested that Tendulkar has been told by chairman of selectors Sandeep Patil that his performance will be taken into account for decision regarding his selection in the national team.
This has led to speculations that Tendulkar’s 200th Test against West Indies could be his final game for Team India.
Patil, on the other hand, has dismissed such reports saying he hasn’t met Tendulkar to discuss anything.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- AirAsia India launches promotional fares starting at Rs 786 for one-way domestic trips
- Edward Snowden loses lawsuit against Norway to prevent extradition
- This summer, fight Melanoma with some simple tricks!
- Wimbledon: British No. 3 Kyle Edmund faces 1st round exit.
- 'Bad cholesterol not linked to elderly deaths'