Sachin Tendulkar's final Test venue to be decided on Tuesday
Mumbai: Sachin Tendulkar`s wish to play his 200th and final Test on his home ground here is all set to be granted when the BCCI`s Programmes and Fixtures committee meets on Tuesday to chalk out the detailed schedule of next month`s West Indies tour.
The committee, headed by Rajiv Shukla, will finalise the schedule of the hastily-arranged series comprising two Tests and three one-dayers.
While doing so, the committee will also grant Tendulkar`s wish to play his last Test at the venue where he made his debut in first class cricket -- the Wankhede Stadium.
The Mumbai Cricket Association President Ravi Savant has already stated that the BCCI has agreed to allot Tendulkar`s farewell Test to MCA.
The Caribbean outfit is set to play two Tests, from November 6-10 and November 14-18, as well as three ODIs, on November 21, 24 and 27, during its short tour.
The first Test is likely to be played in Kolkata, while the venues for the three subsequent ODIs will be decided on Tuesday.
The BCCI is also planning a grand farewell for Tendulkar.
The Board had squeezed in the home series against the West Indies to give Tendulkar an opportunity to retire in front of his home fans.
Tendulkar last week announced his decision to retire from Test cricket after playing his landmark match, bringing an end to the intense speculation about his future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamil Nadu Assembly Elections: Did DMK use Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser to target AIADMK, Jayalalithaa over Chennai floods?
- Asthma attack without an inhaler: First aid tips – Watch!
- Murtaza Ahmedi: 5-year-old Lionel Messi fan's family forced to leave Afghanistan after threat calls
- SEAL death shows growing risks US troops face in Iraq, Syria
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma go 'Tamatar' hunting on 'Sultan' sets—Watch videos!