Samiullah Beigh shines for J&K with a five-for
Agartala: Opener Adil Rishi led Jammu and Kashmir to a good start in their first innings after pacer Samiullah Beigh captured five wickets to bowl out Tripura for 280 in their Ranji Trophy Group C match here today.
Rishi was 50 not out at the end of second day`s play as J&K were 117 for three at Tripura Institute of Technology ground here.
Resuming from a solid 176 for three, Tripura were dealt early blows as they lost overnight batsmen Yogesh Takawale and Syed Abbas Ali in the space of eight runs.
Skipper Takawale (83) could only add a run to his overnight score before medium pacer Ram Dayal cleaned him up, while Abbas Ali (58) fell prey to Mohammad Mudhasir after completing his half century that included six fours and a six.
Takawale smashed 14 boundaries and a maximum in his 153-ball knock.
Abhijit Dey`s knock of 51 was instrumental in taking Tripura a decent total in their first innings as wickets fell at the other end, and his eventually folded at 280.
Beigh (5/80) bagged his sixth five-wicket haul in First-class cricket.
J&K openers Adil and Obaid Haroon added a quick 52 runs for the first wicket. But Tripura bowlers claimed three wickets to share the honours before the close of play.
Rana Dutta, Tushar Saha and Sanjay Majumder picked a wicket each for the hosts.
Tripura 1st innings: 280 allout in 95.1 overs (Yogesh Takawale 83, Abbas Ali 58; Samiullah Beigh 5/80)
J&K 1st innings: 117/3 in 29 overs (Adil Rishi 50 batting; Sanjay Majumder 1/13).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation