Sammy unfazed by Starc’s threat ahead of do-or-die Canberra ODI

Last Updated: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 - 14:18

Sydney: West Indies captain Darren Sammy has claimed they won’t be changing their top order in order to tackle in form Australian pace man Mitchell Starc despite trailing the five-match one-day series 2-0.

The West Indies is already staring down the barrel of a series loss in Wednesday`s third one-day international at Canberra`s Manuka Oval, and of the eight wickets the Caribbean team has lost while struggling during the opening 10 overs in both matches, Starc has taken seven of them.

Sammy said Starc is bowling well at the moment but he`s not unplayable, adding the tourists would likely decide against tinkering with the top of the order, including master-blaster Chris Gayle, who has scored a total of just eight runs so far this series.

Sammy said Gayle is his own man, adding he is the coolest fella he has ever known in his entire career. The skipper added whether Gayle is happy or sad or smiley, whatever, but you can`t tell, as he has got one mood and that`s the cool guy they know.

Sammy said Gayle backs his ability and know his teammates support him throughout whatever he`s going through and hopefully he could come out on Wednesday in that historical match by doing something historic for us.

The West Indies goes into the match with somewhat of a home ground advantage, as it will be the Australian team`s first-ever match on the ground, whereas the West Indies played the Prime Minister`s XI there a week ago when more than 640 runs were scored.

ANI



First Published: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 - 14:18

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus