Samuels` injury may force him to miss ODI series against Australia
Sydney: All rounder Marlon Samuels, who suffered a severe eye socket injury after edging a ball from pace man Lasith Malinga through the grill of his helmet into his face on Sunday during the Big Bash League`s Melbourne derby, is highly unlikely to play in the West Indies` one-day series against Australia next month.
It`s understood he will miss the remainder of the Melbourne Renegades` Big Bash campaign and has been told he cannot fly for a month, the Age reports.
The West Indies` five-match one-day series begins in Perth on February 1, placing the all-rounder in doubt for the whole Australian summer.
Samuels has been warned that he should stay still for fear of bursting a blood vessel, but the full extent of his injury still has not been determined because of the swelling, the paper said.
Whether or not the eye socket is fractured, Samuels is in a bad way and faces two disciplinary charges for his part in the feud that broke out during the Melbourne BBL derby, during which he grabbed Stars batsman David Hussey to block him from taking a second run and threw his bat after being struck on the body by a throw from Shane Warne, the paper further reported.
Samuels has been charged with engaging in inappropriate and deliberate physical contact with another player, and unbecoming behaviour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof