Samuels says he has conquered Pakistan bowling
St. Lucia: West Indies middle order batsman Marlon Samuels says he has devised a strategy to conquer the Pakistan bowlers as the five-match One-Day International series between the two sides heads for a potentially exciting climax on Wednesday.
Samuels scored an unbeaten century as the West Indies lost to Pakistan by six wickets via the Duckworth Lewis method Sunday, reports CMC.
"It’s a high class bowling attack but when I see a bowling attack probably two three times I think I sum it up,” said Samuels.
“So I have been thinking about them a lot. I have been watching a lot of tape."
West Indies batsmen have struggled against the Pakistan bowlers in the series but Samuels hit 13 boundaries in his 106 to lift the score to 261.
“So by just summing them up I realise who I am going to target and who I am not going to target,” said Samuels.
"I try to get as many singles as possible so I batted with a plan today and it actually worked."
Pakistan now lead the series 2-1 after the third ODI ended in a tie with the deciding fixture set for Wednesday at the Beausejour playing field.
The stylish Jamaican batsman said he believes the West Indies would have won the match had it not been for the rain which interrupted play.
“If the rain didn’t come today I am sure we would have been in the driver’s seat because there was a lot of runs on the board and Pakistan batting has not been clicking,” he said.
“The mindset will continue because I like to be consistent .I think I will come out and put in my mind that I have to be consistent. I would love to get another hundred to put the team in a next wonderful position as well."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video