Samuels sure his ‘time to shine’ would come
London: West Indies batsman Marlon Samuels has said he is managing his inner fire well nowadays after facing various controversies in past, and is confident his time to shine would come soon.
Samuels, who has provided hope for West Indies with his world-class batting in two Tests that have again ended in defeat, believes he is using every disappointment of the past to motivate himself these days.
The eccentric all rounder’s past has been marred by a two-year ban for passing on information to bookmakers and doubts over the legitimacy of his bowling action.
His critics have also slammed him time and again for not caring enough about his contribution, a record of just two Test centuries in 37 matches stretching back to 2000, reflecting that.
“Over the years I’ve been plagued with all sorts of issues and problems with people I regard as evil but I always knew that my time to shine would come,” The Daily Mail quotes Samuels, as saying.
“I have always had a lot of fire burning inside but I’m managing that fire well at the moment. I’m going out there and transferring that fire on to the field and I’m very happy to be showing what I can do,” he added.
“I use every disappointment to build me as a person and not let anybody get me down. I use all of them to motivate me, and I know, that if I can overcome all the obstacles put in front of me, I can get to where I want to go,” he said.
Samuels further added: “I see myself going up a hill. It will take time to reach the top, but I am willing to put in the time to get there.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015