Sana to lead Pakistan in women`s cricket World Cup 2013
Islamabad: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has announced a 15-member women`s cricket squad for the upcoming World Cup 2013 to be held in India later this month.
The PCB retained Sana Mir as captain of the team while senior player Bisma Maeroof was appointed as her deputy, reports Xinhua.
The Women`s World Cup will be held from Jan 31 to Feb 17 in Mumbai. Pakistan will leave Jan 25 for the event.
Pakistan are in Group B. They play their warm-up matches against England and the West Indies Jan 28 and Jan 29.
Pakistan play Australia in the opening match of the World Cup slated for Jan 31 at Bandra Kurla Complex.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state