Sanath Jayasuriya`s wife files for divorce
Colombo: Former captain and Sri Lanka Cricket selection panel`s current chairman, Sanath Jayasuriya`s wife has filed for divorce, lawyers said on Friday.
Anoma Gunathilake, the attorney for Sandra Jayasuriya said action had been filed for malicious desertion in the district court of Colombo on October 23.
She said the defendant will be served notice and a hearing will be fixed thereafter.
Jayasuriya, a former national captain is currently a deputy minister in the government of President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
He was elected to parliament in the April 2010 election from the southern district of Matara and was made the deputy minister of postal services earlier this month.
Sandra Jayasuriya has claimed 20 million as maintenance for each of her three children and herself, sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview