Sanath Jayasuriya`s wife files for divorce
Colombo: Former captain and Sri Lanka Cricket selection panel`s current chairman, Sanath Jayasuriya`s wife has filed for divorce, lawyers said on Friday.
Anoma Gunathilake, the attorney for Sandra Jayasuriya said action had been filed for malicious desertion in the district court of Colombo on October 23.
She said the defendant will be served notice and a hearing will be fixed thereafter.
Jayasuriya, a former national captain is currently a deputy minister in the government of President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
He was elected to parliament in the April 2010 election from the southern district of Matara and was made the deputy minister of postal services earlier this month.
Sandra Jayasuriya has claimed 20 million as maintenance for each of her three children and herself, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!