Sanath Jayasuriya`s wife files for divorce
Colombo: Former captain and Sri Lanka Cricket selection panel`s current chairman, Sanath Jayasuriya`s wife has filed for divorce, lawyers said on Friday.
Anoma Gunathilake, the attorney for Sandra Jayasuriya said action had been filed for malicious desertion in the district court of Colombo on October 23.
She said the defendant will be served notice and a hearing will be fixed thereafter.
Jayasuriya, a former national captain is currently a deputy minister in the government of President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
He was elected to parliament in the April 2010 election from the southern district of Matara and was made the deputy minister of postal services earlier this month.
Sandra Jayasuriya has claimed 20 million as maintenance for each of her three children and herself, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand