Sanath Jayasuriya`s wife files for divorce
Colombo: Former captain and Sri Lanka Cricket selection panel`s current chairman, Sanath Jayasuriya`s wife has filed for divorce, lawyers said on Friday.
Anoma Gunathilake, the attorney for Sandra Jayasuriya said action had been filed for malicious desertion in the district court of Colombo on October 23.
She said the defendant will be served notice and a hearing will be fixed thereafter.
Jayasuriya, a former national captain is currently a deputy minister in the government of President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
He was elected to parliament in the April 2010 election from the southern district of Matara and was made the deputy minister of postal services earlier this month.
Sandra Jayasuriya has claimed 20 million as maintenance for each of her three children and herself, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj