Sandeep Patil appointed selection committee chairman
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: World Cup-winning 1983 team member Sandeep Patil has been appointed as the chairman of the national cricket selection committee on Thursday.
Srikkanth (South Zone) and fellow-selectors Narendra Hirwani (Central), Raja Venkat (East) and Surendra Bhave (West) have completed their term and are not eligible to continue as per the Board`s norms.
Roger Binny (South Zone), Saba Karim (East Zome), Vikram Rathore (North Zone) and Rajinder Singh Hans (Central Zone) and Sandeep Patil (West Zone) are the members of selection committee.
Former India and Mumbai player Chandrakant Pandit was named as the chairman of junior selection committee.
However, BCCI dropped Mohinder Amarnath from the five-man selection committee panel after completing just one year representing the North Zone.
Punjab`s Vikram Rathore will replace the former cricketer as the zonal selector. Earlier, Amarnath was the frontrunner for the chief selector’s post replacing outgoing Krishnamachari Srikkanth but a tiff he had with Srikkanth might have played spoilsport.
"Mohinder Amarnath had a tiff with Srikkanth as he wanted to replace (Mahendra Singh) Dhoni with (Virender) Sehwag (in the aftermath of India`s row of eight Test defeats in England and Australia). As captain of Chennai Super Kings, Dhoni has the backing of the president (N Srinivasan)," an official of a BCCI affiliate had said on condition of anonymity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people