Sandhu, Kulkarni`s resignations from CIC not a crisis: MCA
Mumbai: The resignations of former India cricketers Balwinder Singh Sandhu and Nilesh Kulkarni from Mumbai Cricket Association`s recommendatory body for development of the game, CIC, does not constitute a crisis, according to MCA president Ravi Savant.
"There was some debate during the last CIC meeting (to decide on the reisignation of former India captain Nari Contractor on personal grounds) after which Sandhu and Nilesh have sent in their resignations. We will put these two resignations before MCAs managing committee. I don`t call it a crisis," Savant said today.
Savant said that MCA had not received any resignation letter from another Cricket Improvement Committee (CIC) member and former India pacer Karsan Ghavri or from former Mumbai captain Milind Rege from the selection panel as news reports have said.
"Only Sandhu and Nilesh have sent in their resignations. I don`t know about the other two," said Savant.
Sandhu is a former swing bowler who was part of the 1983 World Cup winning India team led by Kapil Dev and Kulkarni is a former left-arm spinner.
Savant said there was a misconception that CIC can appoint coaches and selectors which was the duty of the MCA`s managing committee.
"CIC is there for suggesting improvement and develoment of the game. There is a perceived misconception that it can appoint selectors and coaches. It can recommend names but its the elected members of the managing committee who make these appointments," Savant said.
"The managing committee is to meet next Friday," Savant added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened