Sania Mirza tweets on Shoaib-Tino CPL fight
New Delhi: Indian tennis star Sania Mirza made no reservations in showing support for husband Shoaib Malik after the Pakistan cricketer had an ugly altercation with West Indian pacer Tino Best in the ongoing Caribbean Premier League.
Sania tweeted that she wished Shoaib had hit Tino when the two players nearly came to blows at the Kensington Oval in a T20 match between Barbados Tridents and St. Lucia Zouks.
Mirza, who has been recently made brand ambassador of the newly-formed Telangana state, stated on her Twitter page, "Racial abusing on a cricket field?disgusting.I knw @realshoaibmalik didn`t hit him but how I wish he would hav! #tinobest #idiot (sic)."
Shoaib, batting for St. Lucia, stroked 49 runs and stitched a crucial partnership with Dwayne Smith (110 not out), but came into physical contact with Barbados pacer Best after hitting the bowler for two boundaries.
The players not only exchanged abuses on the field but reportedly continued the fight in the hotel premises, where the teams were staying.
The CPL organisers downplayed the incident as a minor happening but the players have been fined hefty match fees after the on-field indiscipline.
While Shoaib has been docked half of his match remuneration, Best has been fined 60 per cent of his match earnings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31