Sanjay Patel, T Venkatesh to be BCCI secretary and treasurer
Zee Media Bureau
Delhi: Baroda Cricket Association’s Sanjay Patel has been named as a secretary of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) while T Venkatesh has been selected as the treasurer.
The appointments were confirmed by interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya in a press conference.
The posts were lying vacant after Sanjay Jagdale and Ajay Shirke stepped down as secretary and treasurer, respectably in the wake of spot-fixing allegations in IPL that rocked Indian Cricket.
N Srinivasan, was forced to step aside as president due to the spot-fixing scandal that led to the arrest of Gurunath Meiyappan.
Meiyappan is son-in-law of N Srinivasan and was earlier flouted as the CEO and team Principal of Chennai Super Kings.
Demands for Srinivasan's resignation forced him to 'step aside' and placed CAB president Jagmohan Dalmiya to conduct the day-to-day affairs of the BCCI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state