Sanjay Patel, T Venkatesh to be BCCI secretary and treasurer
Zee Media Bureau
Delhi: Baroda Cricket Association’s Sanjay Patel has been named as a secretary of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) while T Venkatesh has been selected as the treasurer.
The appointments were confirmed by interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya in a press conference.
The posts were lying vacant after Sanjay Jagdale and Ajay Shirke stepped down as secretary and treasurer, respectably in the wake of spot-fixing allegations in IPL that rocked Indian Cricket.
N Srinivasan, was forced to step aside as president due to the spot-fixing scandal that led to the arrest of Gurunath Meiyappan.
Meiyappan is son-in-law of N Srinivasan and was earlier flouted as the CEO and team Principal of Chennai Super Kings.
Demands for Srinivasan's resignation forced him to 'step aside' and placed CAB president Jagmohan Dalmiya to conduct the day-to-day affairs of the BCCI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials