Sarah Taylor could play for English men`s cricket team
London: 23-year-old Sarah Taylor could become the first woman to play for a men`s English county side after holding talks with Sussex about being the backup wicketkeeper for its second team.
Taylor said that Sussex contacted the women`s national-team coach Mark Lane about using her services for the next season.
The talented wicketkeeper-batsman told the Guardian newspaper on Monday that "there`s part of me doubting myself ... but I would love to do it."
Taylor will play for a men`s club team in Birmingham this year but could be on standby if Sussex needed a wicketkeeper at short notice.
Taylor will soon leave for the 50-over World Cup in India her coach said and added that it was brilliant on her part to back her for men’s cricket as well.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...