Sarah Taylor could play for English men`s cricket team
London: 23-year-old Sarah Taylor could become the first woman to play for a men`s English county side after holding talks with Sussex about being the backup wicketkeeper for its second team.
Taylor said that Sussex contacted the women`s national-team coach Mark Lane about using her services for the next season.
The talented wicketkeeper-batsman told the Guardian newspaper on Monday that "there`s part of me doubting myself ... but I would love to do it."
Taylor will play for a men`s club team in Birmingham this year but could be on standby if Sussex needed a wicketkeeper at short notice.
Taylor will soon leave for the 50-over World Cup in India her coach said and added that it was brilliant on her part to back her for men’s cricket as well.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!