Sarah Taylor could play for English men`s cricket team
London: 23-year-old Sarah Taylor could become the first woman to play for a men`s English county side after holding talks with Sussex about being the backup wicketkeeper for its second team.
Taylor said that Sussex contacted the women`s national-team coach Mark Lane about using her services for the next season.
The talented wicketkeeper-batsman told the Guardian newspaper on Monday that "there`s part of me doubting myself ... but I would love to do it."
Taylor will play for a men`s club team in Birmingham this year but could be on standby if Sussex needed a wicketkeeper at short notice.
Taylor will soon leave for the 50-over World Cup in India her coach said and added that it was brilliant on her part to back her for men’s cricket as well.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- BJP dares Bihar government to ban VHP meet as Tejaswi Yadav threatens action against Pravin Togadia
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union