Sarfaraz calls `mere medium pacer` Akram`s appointment as bowling coach `joke`
Islamabad: Former Pakistan fast bowler Sarfaraz Nawaz has criticized the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for hiring Mohammad Akram as fast bowling coach for the national team.
"It is a joke that a cricketer who was just a medium pacer of his time and lacks international experience was hired by the PCB as a bowling coach,"
He said that Akram, who had earlier been rejected after applying for the job, as the PCB required the coach to have at least five years of international experience, did not qualify on the set merit.
"Head of the coach finding committee Intikhab Alam never called Akram for the interview as he was referred by the highest official, even the PCB chief Zaka Ashraf also told the media that he has never met with Akram and did not have enough knowledge about him," said Sarfaraz.
Sarfaraz claimed that Akram belonged to Gujar Khan, the native town of Prime Minister, and enjoyed good relations and therefore he was appointed by the PCB.
"The former PM Yousaf Raza Gilani was used to favour Shoaib Malik and now the present Prime Minister is showering benefits on M Akram. If the high officials want to run the cricket affairs then there is no need to appoint the chairman," Sarfaraz claimed.
Terming Intikhab Alam the ``white elephant`` at National Cricket Academy (NCA), Sarfaraz demanded of the PCB chief to get rid of him and other incompetent officials.
"Such officials are misdirecting the PCB chief that resulting in poor performance both at administrative level as well as in the grounds while the latest example in this regard was the poor performance of Pakistan U-19 cricket team in the World Cup history," he said.
"It was Intikhab Alam who finalised the players for the central contracts in which the most deserving players were left out of the top three categories and blue eyed were amongst the top categories," Sarfaraz added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm