Sarwan dropped from WI squad for tri-series
St John`s (Antigua): Senior batsman Ramnaresh Sarwan has been dropped from the 13-member West Indies cricket squad for the first three matches of their ODI tri-series against India and Sri Lanka starting June 28.
"All the members of the squad that attended the ICC Champions Trophy in England and Wales, except fast bowler Jason Holder and batsman Ramnaresh Sarwan, have been retained," the West Indies Cricket Board said in a statement.
Sarwan, who was brought back to the squad after 18 months during which he claimed to have been drained "mentally and emotionally", scored just one run each against Pakistan and India during the Champions Trophy.
Dwayne Bravo will lead the side in the upcoming series.
West Indies could not go beyond the group stage of the Champions Trophy, beaten by South Africa and India in their preliminary matches.
The squad: Dwayne Bravo (capt), Chris Gayle, Johnson Charles, Darren Bravo, Marlon Samuels, Kieron Pollard, Devon Smith, Darren Sammy, Denesh Ramdin (wk), Sunil Narine, Tino Best, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach.
Schedule of matches
• June 28: West Indies vs Sri Lanka (Sabina Park, Jamaica)
• June 30: West Indies vs India (Sabina Park)
• July 2: India vs Sri Lanka (Sabina Park)
• July 5: West Indies vs India (Queen`s Park Oval, Trinidad)
• July 7: West Indies vs Sri Lanka (Queen`s Park Oval)
• July 9: Sri Lanka vs India (Queen`s Park Oval)
• July 11: 1st vs 2nd (Queen`s Park Oval).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda