Sarwan dropped from WI squad for tri-series
St John`s (Antigua): Senior batsman Ramnaresh Sarwan has been dropped from the 13-member West Indies cricket squad for the first three matches of their ODI tri-series against India and Sri Lanka starting June 28.
"All the members of the squad that attended the ICC Champions Trophy in England and Wales, except fast bowler Jason Holder and batsman Ramnaresh Sarwan, have been retained," the West Indies Cricket Board said in a statement.
Sarwan, who was brought back to the squad after 18 months during which he claimed to have been drained "mentally and emotionally", scored just one run each against Pakistan and India during the Champions Trophy.
Dwayne Bravo will lead the side in the upcoming series.
West Indies could not go beyond the group stage of the Champions Trophy, beaten by South Africa and India in their preliminary matches.
The squad: Dwayne Bravo (capt), Chris Gayle, Johnson Charles, Darren Bravo, Marlon Samuels, Kieron Pollard, Devon Smith, Darren Sammy, Denesh Ramdin (wk), Sunil Narine, Tino Best, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach.
Schedule of matches
• June 28: West Indies vs Sri Lanka (Sabina Park, Jamaica)
• June 30: West Indies vs India (Sabina Park)
• July 2: India vs Sri Lanka (Sabina Park)
• July 5: West Indies vs India (Queen`s Park Oval, Trinidad)
• July 7: West Indies vs Sri Lanka (Queen`s Park Oval)
• July 9: Sri Lanka vs India (Queen`s Park Oval)
• July 11: 1st vs 2nd (Queen`s Park Oval).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani