Saxena slams breezy 101 in MP`s easy win
Indore:Jatin Saxena slammed an unbeaten 94-ball 101 as Madhya Pradesh breezed past Rajasthan by six wickets in the Central Zone Vijay Hazare Trophy match here today.
Opting to field after winning the toss, Madhya Pradesh bowled out Rajasthan for 211 in 48.4 overs, and then comfortably chased down the target with 68 balls to spare at the Holkar Cricket Stadium.
The 30-year-old Saxena struck 15 fours during his 152-minute stay at the crease.
Anurag Singh was the best Madhya Pradesh bowler with figures of three for 41, while there were two wickets each for Ishwar Pandey, Anand Rajan and Rameez Khan.
Khan also did well with bat, scoring a patient 46 off 69 balls with the help of six fours. More importantly, he was involved in a stand of 87 for the third wicket with Saxena, after the later added 83 for the second wicket with opener Anand Singh, who scored 32 off 40 balls.
Dishant Yagnik top-scored for Rajasthan with a knock of 63 off 71 balls. He hit three fours and two sixes during his stay in the middle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Hindu community not allowed to exercise its Right to Information in Pakistan, activists protest