Saxena slams breezy 101 in MP`s easy win
Indore:Jatin Saxena slammed an unbeaten 94-ball 101 as Madhya Pradesh breezed past Rajasthan by six wickets in the Central Zone Vijay Hazare Trophy match here today.
Opting to field after winning the toss, Madhya Pradesh bowled out Rajasthan for 211 in 48.4 overs, and then comfortably chased down the target with 68 balls to spare at the Holkar Cricket Stadium.
The 30-year-old Saxena struck 15 fours during his 152-minute stay at the crease.
Anurag Singh was the best Madhya Pradesh bowler with figures of three for 41, while there were two wickets each for Ishwar Pandey, Anand Rajan and Rameez Khan.
Khan also did well with bat, scoring a patient 46 off 69 balls with the help of six fours. More importantly, he was involved in a stand of 87 for the third wicket with Saxena, after the later added 83 for the second wicket with opener Anand Singh, who scored 32 off 40 balls.
Dishant Yagnik top-scored for Rajasthan with a knock of 63 off 71 balls. He hit three fours and two sixes during his stay in the middle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Rupee feels Brexit heat, sinks to 4-month low at 67.96 Vs USD
- Anil Kumble will forever remain India's greatest ever match-winner in Tests: Harbhajan Singh
- NASA's Hubble captures new dark spot on Neptune!
- NASA plans to refuel satellite with its robotic spacecraft Restore-L
- Uma Bharti admitted to AIIMS, stable