Saxena slams breezy 101 in MP`s easy win
Indore:Jatin Saxena slammed an unbeaten 94-ball 101 as Madhya Pradesh breezed past Rajasthan by six wickets in the Central Zone Vijay Hazare Trophy match here today.
Opting to field after winning the toss, Madhya Pradesh bowled out Rajasthan for 211 in 48.4 overs, and then comfortably chased down the target with 68 balls to spare at the Holkar Cricket Stadium.
The 30-year-old Saxena struck 15 fours during his 152-minute stay at the crease.
Anurag Singh was the best Madhya Pradesh bowler with figures of three for 41, while there were two wickets each for Ishwar Pandey, Anand Rajan and Rameez Khan.
Khan also did well with bat, scoring a patient 46 off 69 balls with the help of six fours. More importantly, he was involved in a stand of 87 for the third wicket with Saxena, after the later added 83 for the second wicket with opener Anand Singh, who scored 32 off 40 balls.
Dishant Yagnik top-scored for Rajasthan with a knock of 63 off 71 balls. He hit three fours and two sixes during his stay in the middle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional