SC dismisses Lalit Modi’s plea on BCCI SGM
Zee Media Bureau/Feroz Khan
New Delhi: Supreme Court on Wednesday dismissed former IPL Commissioner Lalit Modi’s plea to obtain a stay on BCCI SGM that has been called for today to discuss the report of a disciplinary committee against his conduct.
The apex court said it is not inclined to interfere in the internal affairs of BCCI adding that it wouldn’t hear him just because he is a big shot and big money is involved.
Modi had challenged the SGM in Patiala Court and obtained a stay order on Saturday but the BCCI got approval from the Delhi HC on Tuesday.
He then moved SC for obtaining a stay on the meeting.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India