SC dismisses Lalit Modi’s plea on BCCI SGM
Zee Media Bureau/Feroz Khan
New Delhi: Supreme Court on Wednesday dismissed former IPL Commissioner Lalit Modi’s plea to obtain a stay on BCCI SGM that has been called for today to discuss the report of a disciplinary committee against his conduct.
The apex court said it is not inclined to interfere in the internal affairs of BCCI adding that it wouldn’t hear him just because he is a big shot and big money is involved.
Modi had challenged the SGM in Patiala Court and obtained a stay order on Saturday but the BCCI got approval from the Delhi HC on Tuesday.
He then moved SC for obtaining a stay on the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday