SC dismisses Lalit Modi’s plea on BCCI SGM
Zee Media Bureau/Feroz Khan
New Delhi: Supreme Court on Wednesday dismissed former IPL Commissioner Lalit Modi’s plea to obtain a stay on BCCI SGM that has been called for today to discuss the report of a disciplinary committee against his conduct.
The apex court said it is not inclined to interfere in the internal affairs of BCCI adding that it wouldn’t hear him just because he is a big shot and big money is involved.
Modi had challenged the SGM in Patiala Court and obtained a stay order on Saturday but the BCCI got approval from the Delhi HC on Tuesday.
He then moved SC for obtaining a stay on the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed