SC rejects BCCI`s request to release MS Dhoni`s transcripts, next hearing on April 16
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi The Supreme Court on Friday said that it will hear the petition filed by the BCCI to get a copy of audio recording of statements made by MS Dhoni, Board president and CSK owner N Srinivasan, on April 16.
The Supreme Court also turned down the BCCI`s request to hear the recording of MS Dhoni`s deposition before Justice Mudgal panel, which probed the IPL betting and fixing scandal.
The two-judge bench of Justice AK Patnaik and Justice JS Khehar told the BCCI lawyers that they will examine if handing over the transcripts is required when the IPL scam case comes up for hearing again on April 16.
The BCCI has moved Supreme Court seeking permission to examine MS Dhoni`s deposition before the Mudgal Committee that is investigating the Indian Premier League betting and fixing scandal.
The BCCI wants to monitor the audio recordings of the Indian skipper, N Srinivasan, who has stepped aside as board chief, and IPL COO Sundar Raman. The apex court has listed the matter for Friday.
Senior advocate Harish Salve, who has been representing Aditya Verma of the Cricket Association of Bihar (CAB), had earlier accused the Chennai Super Kings captain of lying about the role of Srinivasan`s son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan in betting and match-fixing scandal during the last edition of the cash-rich league.
"Dhoni lied about Gurunath Meiyappan role; there was no need for Dhoni to lie and it is important to have independent probe into the IPL irregularities," Salve had earlier told a leading news channel after the Supreme Court ordered sweeping changes in BCCI`s administration.
The Indian board, however, has defended Dhoni saying that he has done no wrong and is innocent.
The Supreme Court ordered Srinivasan to step aside as BCCI president, while installing Sunil Gavaskar as working president but only for the duration of IPL 7. For issues related to the BCCI, the SC appointed Shivlal Yadav as the board president.
With agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'