SC to hear petition against BCCI president N Srinivasan today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday will hear a petition filed by Cricket Association of Bihar (CAB) against BCCI president N Srinivasan.
Srinivasan was elected unopposed as the president of the BCCI in the cricket board’s AGM on September. The apex court has barred him from assuming the office till it gives its ruling on the matter.
In its last hearing on the matter, SC expressed its concern over the developments related to BCCI in the past few months.
"Fact is so many things are coming out of IPL and BCCI, something is seriously wrong with the apex body controlling cricket," the court said.
CAB secretary Aditya Verma had appealed SC to bar Srinivasan from contesting BCCI presidential election and also issue an interim ban preventing him from being a member of any committee of the cricket board.
The petition was filed on the ground that his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan is being probed for placing bets in the Indian Premier League (IPL) matches.
The apex court allowed Srinivasan to contest the election but said that he cannot discharge his duties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar