SCG curator promises fair pitch for 2nd Ind-Aus Test
Sydney: The curator of the Sydney Cricket Ground`s pitch has promised a "fair" track for the second Test between India and Australia, saying that conditions will decide whether the track assists pace or spin.
"I just go about preparing a pitch that`s fair and just for both sides," Curator Tom Parker was quoted as saying by `Fox Sports`.
"I think it will be somewhat similar to the Ashes pitch we had last season," he added.
Spinners captured just three out of 30 wickets that fell during the Ashes Test at the SCG last year.
Australia won the first Test of the ongoing series by 122 runs on a Melbourne track that played to the strength of the home team`s pace-centric attack.
Parker said the SCG strip could also assist pace depending on the conditions.
"It depends on the conditions of the day," Parker said. "If you get overcast conditions, the ball does swing around, move around through in the air a bit. But as the game goes on, the pitch here at the SCG, it always turns at some stage.”
"I think the first couple of days of the Test it`s clear and then from day three there`s supposed to be some showers coming, but at this stage we`re looking at a nice clear run," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Istanbul Ataturk Airport blasts: Eyewitness shares terrifying details of the attack - Watch
- Allahabad High Court denies alimony to divorced working woman
- Musharraf, Kayani have Swiss Bank accounts, says London-based investigative journalist
- Kejriwal calls on Goa Archbishop
- Scarlett Johansson named highest grossing actress ever