Scindia, Jaitley submit detailed report on Modi probe to BCCI
New Delhi: The two-member special disciplinary committee comprising of Jyotiraditya Scindia and Arun Jaitley, appointed to investigate charges levelled against former IPL chairman Lalit Modi, had completed their probe and submitted their findings to the BCCI.
"Yes, an exhaustive report has been filed by Mr Scindia and Mr Jaitley. It is close to 500 pages and at this point of time, it won`t be opened. The report will be placed in front of the BCCI working committee that is scheduled to meet at Kolkata on July 28," a senior BCCI office-bearer said.
"The working committee will discuss and analyse the findings of the two-member committee and recommend appropriate measures. The ratification will be done by the BCCI AGM in September."
The third member of the committee was BCCI president N Srinivasan, who has currently stepped aside from discharging his duties after the IPL betting and match-fixing scandal involving his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan broke out.
The BCCI official also informed that BCCI`s ACSU chief Ravi Sawani has almost completed his investigations on spot-fixing scandal that rocked IPL having taken depositions from tainted cricketers S Sreesanth, Ankeet Chavan along with Siddharth Trivedi and Harmeet Singh, who were also approached by the bookies.
"Sawani will submit his report and recommendations any time in the next few days," he added.
However the official said the two-member inquiry commission comprising of retired judges looking into alleged involvement of Srinivasan haven`t yet set a date by which their probe will be complete.
"It seems that they (retired judges) will take some more time. They are co-ordinating with Prof Shetty about all the relevant documents that they need. We can`t set a date as to when it will end," he concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'