Scindia, Jaitley submit detailed report on Modi probe to BCCI
New Delhi: The two-member special disciplinary committee comprising of Jyotiraditya Scindia and Arun Jaitley, appointed to investigate charges levelled against former IPL chairman Lalit Modi, had completed their probe and submitted their findings to the BCCI.
"Yes, an exhaustive report has been filed by Mr Scindia and Mr Jaitley. It is close to 500 pages and at this point of time, it won`t be opened. The report will be placed in front of the BCCI working committee that is scheduled to meet at Kolkata on July 28," a senior BCCI office-bearer said.
"The working committee will discuss and analyse the findings of the two-member committee and recommend appropriate measures. The ratification will be done by the BCCI AGM in September."
The third member of the committee was BCCI president N Srinivasan, who has currently stepped aside from discharging his duties after the IPL betting and match-fixing scandal involving his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan broke out.
The BCCI official also informed that BCCI`s ACSU chief Ravi Sawani has almost completed his investigations on spot-fixing scandal that rocked IPL having taken depositions from tainted cricketers S Sreesanth, Ankeet Chavan along with Siddharth Trivedi and Harmeet Singh, who were also approached by the bookies.
"Sawani will submit his report and recommendations any time in the next few days," he added.
However the official said the two-member inquiry commission comprising of retired judges looking into alleged involvement of Srinivasan haven`t yet set a date by which their probe will be complete.
"It seems that they (retired judges) will take some more time. They are co-ordinating with Prof Shetty about all the relevant documents that they need. We can`t set a date as to when it will end," he concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days